[Hidden-tech] need thoughts on future search tools for kid's book

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Fri Apr 25 17:01:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've got a wonderful (I think) book coming out with Dutton next year
called 2030. It's all about life in the future. The co-author is
James Daly who founded Business 2.0 and works for George Lucas.

We'd be really, really grateful for advice on what the bots of the
future will be (circa 2030). The original text is below and the
editor's suggestion (pretty much dissed) is below that. Jim thought
we ought to talk about "spiders," but that's so today.

Anyone out there have a thought on what search tools of the future
will be like or called? This has to be something in R & D or
conceptualized today. I'll try to get you an acknowledgement for your time.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
HT Founder

Here is the original text:

In social studies class you are studying Africa. Your teacher asks
you to find an article on your desktop computer about the people of
Central Africa. By 2030 there is so much information on the web that
you need a software tool called a 'bot to help find the data. 'Bots
are animated computer figures that ask questions to make your data
search easier.

Here is my suggestion for changing it...

In social studies class you are studying Africa. Your teacher asks
you to find an article on your desktop computer about the people of
Central Africa.By 2030,computer memory has grown so large, that all
knowledge since the dawn of civilization will be available on line.
Using special "thinking" software called Artificial Intelligence, the
computer will not only find the answer to your question but will also
try to guess what else you might need before you ask it.