[Hidden-tech] PDF To Word

Arlen Collins acollins at rxemedia.com
Mon Apr 14 19:14:06 EDT 2008

Paperport Professional does it in the newest version.  We use it for a lot of things.  It is cheap and effective.  They also have a standalone PDF converter package, but it is nearly the same price and Paperport Pro is very versitile.
A. Collins

To: hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.netFrom: annamarie at pluharassociates.comDate: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:14:37 -0400Subject: [Hidden-tech] PDF To WordHi all,

I have a large project where I need to convert many PDF files to Word. Yes, I know that Acrobat Professional 8 can do it - however it renders the text in text boxes. Not very friendly for word processing. (Unless there is a way to convert them AND have them hold their formatting? I'm assuming not.)

Last night I heard about another program for which I'm getting info today. I thought I'd ask here any of you know of a good conversion utility that would retain formatting? The original is in a two column table with headers that repeat on each page and multiple indents of different sizes. I'm on a Mac but have a Windows machine I can use.

Thanks for help.
Annamarie

Annamarie Pluhar

Pluhar Consulting