[Hidden-tech] Network Solutions forcing users to upgrade to PHP5

Adam Connor adam at littlegreentoaster.com
Mon Apr 14 15:27:11 EDT 2008

I just received an email from a client saying the her hosting provider,
Network Solutions, is forcing her to upgrade her site from PHP4 to PHP5.
Unfortunately, her site doesn't work in PHP5 and would need a fair amount of
work to update in order to get it to do so.

I know the reputation Network Solutions has(I don't personally like or use
them myself), and I'm not looking to start a thread on why they're bad.
What I'd like to know is:
1.) Does anyone know more about why they're forcing this upgrade?
2.) Does anyone have any advice for her on how to approach modifying her
code (i.e. what the major differences between PHP 4 and 5 are)?

--
adam connor
little green toaster
adam at littlegreentoaster.com