[Hidden-tech] Undercover Theft Recovery Software for Macs

Will Loving will at dedicationtechnologies.com
Sat Sep 15 10:33:51 EDT 2007

For Mac users out there, especially those who travel with laptops that are a
prime target for theft, I want to bring your attention to Orbucle software¹s
³Undercover² product. It¹s very reasonably priced, has a great track record
and has substantion discounts for schools. I haven¹t had the opportunity to
actually test the recovery part, thank goodness, but it seems like it¹s very
effective. Here¹s the product description from their website:

Our main product is Undercover, an innovative theft recovery application.
Undercover has enabled us to recover 96% of all stolen Macs that were
connected to the Internet. Undercover uses the built-in iSight camera to
snap mug shots of the thief, and it transmits screenshots from the stolen
Mac to retrieve more information about the thief's identity.

Will Loving

--

       "Be nice, work hard. There are no shortcuts."
        Rafe Esquith, 5th grade teacher, founder of Hobart Shakespeareans