[Hidden-tech] Palm Smart Phone?

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Tue Oct 30 10:15:54 EDT 2007

I have had them for 5 years or so, a treo-600 and now an 680 and love
them (aside from the poor T-mobile service some areas).
I use the full Internet when I travel (with email etc,) although web
browsing works reasonably only in some
areas and best when you are using mobile specific sites - I turn that
off from the service web to save cost when home.

Plus others in the company, others have treo-650 and and 680 and have
had great luck with them

I have been a Palm user for years and really like the apps and usability
-- the Treo's are a bit different from the standard
Palm - a lot less use of the screen - esp for writing, since it was a
full keyboard.  I now have the bluetooth attached GPS (tomtom)
and for the cost (under $200 with a rebate) it is not bad -- although we
are getting got a standalone GPS anyway for our
other car - since we both don't have Palms (my wife has a blackberry)

Also, note, we get unlocked treo's direct from Palm - they can be more
expensive but give you more options on which service
to use.  You can get then also on ebay -- also be careful - they are
pretty sturdy and normally fine with rough treatment.
but I've dropped them too hard twice - and they cost a fair bit to fix
the screen - I have yet to find a good insurance,
some of the mobile services to offer such insurance if you buy it right
away, probably worth it.
In fact, I have a 600 that needs a new screen you can have, if you can't
get another at a good price.

Warning: the treo-700 is a very different beast - 700p is a palm and the
700w is a Windows CE (yuck for Palm users)
and it tied to only one (? or 2) services.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/