[Hidden-tech] Applying discounts with paypal

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Mon Nov 26 21:35:33 EST 2007

At 3:38 PM -0500 11/26/07, Dan Green wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a colleague that uses Paypal. He sells only gift certificates
>and uses drop down menus for quantity and amount.  He just to keep
>the page the same but on clicking buy now have a 20% discount
>applies to the entire order - no coupon code required.
>
>Paypal isn't set-up to do this.  I found an article describing how
>to use java script as a work-around.
><http://members.aol.com/paypalhelper/simpcoup.html>http://members.aol.com/paypalhelper/simpcoup.html.
>I need an interpreter.
>
>If anyone can give me a hand with this I'd appreciate it.  Even
>better, if you have time to do it please contact me offline and we
>can go over the details. I'm focused entirely on web marketing and
>don't get into design and development anymore.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan

You can set up your order form so that the discount is a separate
item. I don't know if you can do it as a multiple of the total order,
or not.

I am no expert--but I have one order price for Principled Profit:
Marketing That Puts People First at
http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html at $17.50, and a different
order page for signers of the Business Ethics Pledge, who get it at
$9.95--but they have to sign the pledge in order to see that price.
Both are paypal-enabled and both communicate with my Mal's shopping
cart.
Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html