[Hidden-tech] Streaming video -- and uploading

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Wed Nov 7 21:56:17 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for sites that will host and stream video
files. These files are about 1 hour in length and are about 200 to 400
megabytes in size. I can be flexible in terms of file formats. Right now I
am experimenting with Flash video.

A related issue: I have difficulty in uploading such files to my own web
site host. The upload starts quickly enough, but then slows down more an
more. It never seems to quite finish. My computer is a MacBook Pro running
OS X 10.4.10. My FTP software is Transmit. I have Comcast Cable for Internet
service. I am wondering if the Comcast service includes some sort of
limitation that effectively prevents the uploading of large files.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.
Valley Mindfulness

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being
* A Taste of Mindfulness:
> Introduction to mindfulness-based approaches to health and wellness.
> Tuesday, November 27, 6:30­8:30 pm

* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: