[Hidden-tech] Continuing Education Course in Facilitating Online Collaborative Learning

Elaine Garofoli egarofoli at tltconsulting.com
Wed May 2 15:00:31 EDT 2007

Greetings,
I thought some on the list might be interested in the Facilitating Online
Collaborative Learning  (FOCL) course I will be teaching at the Marlboro
College Graduate Center beginning this coming Saturday, May 5. Enrollments
are accepted up until the first class. Unlike most of our courses which meet
every other Saturday f2f with the rest of the work conducted asynchronously,
FOCL will only meet f2f 3 times during the term with the bulk of the work
being conducted online.

I have included the course description and the Marlboro College Graduate
Center web site to register if you are so inclined. We are offering other
courses that may also appeal to folks on this list. You may also contact me
for more information about the MAT 613: Planning for Change course or the
MAT 615: Facilitating Online Collaborative Learning if that would be
helpful.
http://gradcenter.marlboro.edu/academics/continuing_ed.html

> Facilitating Online Collaborative Learning
> Course Overview
> This course explores the learner-centered teaching strategy of collaboration
> in the online classroom. Teaching and learning online in particular, lends
> itself to learner-centered pedagogy, and collaborative activity is the
> essential component of this approach. Course content will include the topics
> of learning communities and collaboration, collaborative learning techniques,
> online course design and facilitation, and collaborative assessment.
> Specifically, you will work independently and in groups to create
> collaborative learning communities, to implement a variety of collaborative
> learning techniques including online facilitation, to investigate and then
> create your own online course design, and to assess collaboratively learning
> activities.
Elaine
Elaine Garofoli
TLT Consulting: Teaching, Learning and Technology
Putting the Pieces Together
14 Duxbury Lane
Amherst, MA 01002
413.256.1744