[Hidden-tech] Seeking Web Application Programmer in Brattleboro Vermont

Info info at brattcollective.com
Wed Mar 21 18:39:03 EDT 2007

>>> Brattleboro Tech Collective Seeks Web Application Programmer <<<

The Brattleboro Tech Collective is a worker-owned and operated web
development company, focused on workplace democracy and promoting a
democratic society while supporting like-minded organizations in their
work through developing websites and custom open source web applications.
We primarily build Ruby on Rails and Perl web applications. We also roll
out and maintain CMS-based web sites and do graphic design and HTML/CSS.

We have been growing steadily these past two years and are seeking
potential worker-owners to join our team of programmers at our office in
beautiful downtown Brattleboro Vermont. We're looking for people to help
us in our daily work, while actively participating in the democratic
management and operation of the company. This means we need people with
good collaboration skills and a willingness to engage in non-technical
tasks as well as strong technical skills.

We are enthusiastic about the worker-cooperative model for business, and
we embody it as much as possible. All worker-owners receive the same pay
rate, all share equally in any remaining profit at the end of the year,
and all receive identical raises as we grow. We operate entirely on the
basis of consensus, with all worker-owners having equal input into
decisions, and all expected to contribute actively and creatively to
building the company.

An ideal candidate would have many of the following attributes:

   * be passionate about working in a democratic environment
   * have built and maintained complex applications
   * have worked with Ruby on Rails, Perl, PHP, or Java Struts
   * be comfortable communicating directly with clients
   * be willing to engage with other worker-owners on an honest and
     personal level

If you are interested, please send your resume to info at brattcollective.com

For more information about our company see http://www.brattcollective.com