[Hidden-tech] Porting a library catalog to the Web

Anne Campbell acampbell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 17:10:28 EDT 2007

Hi all,

A year or so ago, I posted on this list that I'd been contacted by a client
who works for a small public library in Minnesota. He had asked me to build
a simple site for their library, and to try to find a subcontractor to move
their library catalog system to the Web. The project was cancelled, but now
it's up for bids again.

Can anyone offer me a ballpark figure on how much it would cost to get their
catalog of 17,000 items online? The software they're using is Winnebago
Spectrum 5, made by Sagebrush ( http://www.sagebrushcorp.com/ ). They don't
need any bells or whistles at all - again, this is a very small town
library.

Thanks very much -
Anne

Anne Campbell, acampbell at gmail.com