[Hidden-tech] LLC questions

Charlie Heath chasheath at comcast.net
Wed Jan 31 11:28:34 EST 2007

I may need to incorporate, would appreciate insights.

What's the lead time for forming an LLC or S Corp.  If I incorporate, it
will be in anticipation of a contract job; I've been using DBA but the
contract is big enough that I'd like to incorporate. But I won't be offered
a contract until days before I'm expected to sign.  Can I initiate a
contract using the incorporated name prior to receiving confirming paperwork
from the state?

I've been a partner in a subchapter S corp before but that was prior to LLC.
It sounds like LLC is simpler, but in Mass, S corp fees are lower.  I guess
this has been hashed out here before, but is there any reason for a fairly
simple sole proprietor to look closely at the details rather than just going
LLC?

Thanks much.

Charlie Heath
Blue Herring Consulting