Fwd: [Hidden-tech] Question about list topics

webmaster webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Tue Jan 23 15:10:13 EST 2007

Tish Wrote:
>    This is a rather cutting assessment of the situation, Rich.  Really
>    kind of confrontational.  And perhaps the "me too" comments are a way
>    of letting others know something about how we think about a situation.
>    As I mentioned, we don't all know one another any more than all of us
>    have the same trouble handling the HT email we get.

Note, I added the "Tish Wrote' - see how these two postings actually look
the same -- just a pointer to how different email clients handle the

As the one who has to decide when or if to cut off a posting or a
discussion, a 'me too' added to a 60 line 3 level is way beyond telling
how someone thinks, it is plain sloppy.  And I can tell you I get
complaints no matter if I stop something early (why did you cut me off)
or late (this list has too much junk).  My main overall criteria is to
keep people on the list and contributing on topic.

Tish, As for confrontational - your comment below is rather, mine is
fact - those who know better have the responsibility to act better.
Those who are having trouble using email -- and there are many on the
list who do not live 'wired' as we do, are the bulk of the HT community.

Since the bulk of the list never speak up on any topic, I see no
justification to your comment that 'we have the same trouble', I handle
100's of emails a day - yet, hitting del is not an issue for me. I
am more worried about those for whom the HT list is a life-line that needs
to be easy to use when needed.

Tish Wrote:
>    Oh, please.  The thing is there's lots of crappy Forum
>    interfaces/tools/software out there.  And it's pretty easy to burn a
>    feed.  None of this has to be rocket science these days, unless
>    there's a desireto make it that way.

That is just plain narrow minded - sure there are plenty of wonderful
improvements online and we have been trying to get people to use them,
with little results -- yet the list continues to draw the bulk of our
online traffic.  Email remains the killer ap and most convenient for
most people.

I repeat to everyone, stop complaining and step up and help. As for all
the good suggestions, all will be considered, we continue to improve,
time of skilled people is what is needed.

As for now, this topic is closed unless I see something really different.

Rich/WM