Fwd: [Hidden-tech] Question about list topics

Tish Grier tishgrier at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 14:24:32 EST 2007

webmaster <webmaster at hidden-tech.net> wrote:
  As for being self-regulating and I have found those on the HT list who
most know better and should be self-regulating to be the ones that drag
a discussion on the longest. So if you want a clean list, everyone
should help make it clean and consider when you are really adding to a
discussion before posting 'me too' or adding political comments.

  This is a rather cutting assessment of the situation, Rich.  Really kind of confrontational.  And perhaps the "me too" comments are a way of letting others know something about how we think about a situation. As I mentioned, we don't all know one another any more than all of us have the same trouble handling the HT email we get.

  As for Forum only -- I have found we have a group of users, many of who
are not of the techical level to effectively use forums (odd as that
might sound) -- and while RSS is a good idea - even more pushs the
techical boundries. Maybe in the future.

  Oh, please.  The thing is there's lots of crappy Forum interfaces/tools/software out there.  And it's pretty easy to burn a feed.  None of this has to be rocket science these days, unless there's a desireto make it that way.

  Tish

The fish are biting.