[Hidden-tech] about doobie message and HT Live web site

webmaster webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Tue Jan 23 14:41:16 EST 2007

Since this seems to be the response from a number of people, it actually
validates the 'good dobbie' message at the top - otherwise people won't
see it - just as they didn't see the request to fill out the poll.

As where the poll itself is, I think the response shows two things,
either people commented without looking at the web site - or for those
who did actually look -- the understanding we have really two web sites,
the public one and the group one.  To try to make this more clear, here
are the URLs, plus it now says 'HT Live' on the main web site:

	Main web site: http://www.hidden-tech.net
	HT Live! Web site: http://live.hidden-tech.net

All the new Live! functions are at the Live web site. I leave finding
the poll there to you -- hint, look to the right.

As for changing it - so far there is a bunch of complaining, and one
valid point, relating to email to phone/pda devices, which I have seen
myself, and the number that have checked in still have not answered the
question nor offered to resolve why the message is there in the first
place -- to make sure most people fill out the skills inventory.

Furthermore, I have seen about a dozen comments, out of over 500 on the
list, if it really bothers people AND people are willing to help operate
the web functions - speak up.

Rich/WM

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 07:33:29PM -0500, starr at langlab.umass.edu wrote:
> I don't recall a poll - but I have commented more than once how disgusting the
> dobee/doobie stuff is - especially when it ends up several times in messages.
>
> I'm shy about posting to the group because the posts seem to last forever on the
> Inet.
>
> -is

Rich/WM