[Hidden-tech] Question about list topics

Chris Duncan, GISmatters duncan at GISmatters.com
Tue Jan 23 12:17:31 EST 2007

Briefly: kill the "doobee", keep the list as it is.

I never saw notice of a doobee poll either.

I'm with those who find the list an easy way to gain exposure to the HT
group and to topics I might not yet have stumbled across, and I don't find
the effort of deleting unwanted messages too great a burden.  Conversely,
accessing the HT website has always felt cumbersome, and the rewards on
arriving there few to date.

Reading through the responses on both sides, I get a clear sense that
"push" vs. "pull" (or email vs. forum) is like other end-points that people
distribute themselves between: dogs vs cats, mac vs pc, reds vs whites...
It may not be possible to find a one-size-fits-all solution.

Chris

--
NOTE NEW STREET ADDRESS AS OF 1-DEC-2006
--

Chris Duncan, Ph.D.
President

duncan at GISmatters.com