[Hidden-tech] web design for the Northampton Survival Center

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Mon Jan 22 15:11:54 EST 2007

Re: [Hidden-tech] web design for the Northampton Survival CenterAgreed, but this screws people who only have their time to sell. If I donate a car, I get to deduct fair value. But if I donate my time, which could otherwise be spent earning money doing the same thing for a paying client, I'm still just a nice fellow who donated his time.

I'm not talking about serving on a Board or a committee, pro-bono. If someone earns their living providing professional services, be they legal, accounting, PR, or whatever, and they suspend gainful work while donating these services to a charity or other non-profit organization, it is treated differently than if they donated hard goods.

OK, it is what it is,
Ed