[Hidden-tech] Does this sound like a good computer deal?

Tom Adams / Reelife reelifeproductions at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 16:12:25 EST 2007

never enjoyed the apple vs. windows debate but i can't resist throwing in a little fodder for the fire...

Frank wrote:
re: The fact is, they're both valid platforms and you just have to be comfortable with what you need to work .
> good point.  sometimes I like to wear ripped jeans, other times i like khakis.

re:Frankly, I think that the claims made by Apple are somewhat  overblown
> disagree.  I've never said "wow" to a new microsoft application...whereas, I literally was flabergasted by some of the new stuff I've seen in the latest apple keynote address (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/).  I agree these keynote addresses are a sickening display of apple geeks gawking at their faithful leader adorned in a black turtleneck and jeans... but all that aside, I think the apple product is quite an astonishing value.

re:...check out the top of the line Mac Mini.  It tends to be light on disk space (A question for the Mac Apostles:  Why would that be?!)
> the top of the line mac mini has an 80GB hard drive...that's not "light"...that's plenty of space for the average user (especially for $800)

re: A good reason to stick with Windows:  Office 2007
> Not really. If you use the "Parallels" application, you can run Windows at the same time you're running Mac OS.  Doesn't matter if they EVER release it on the MAc platform...you can run it immediately if you use the "Parallels" application.

-Tom