[Hidden-tech] Does this sound like a good computer deal?

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Wed Jan 17 23:38:26 EST 2007

I couldn't agree more. You are being 'had.'

And, here is a couple more reasons:

1. Advantage of dual core processor that ain't there, yet.

I just read in an EE mag that there are still problems addressing dual core
processors. A company in Canada thinks they have this figured out. If that
is so, you can not do true multitasking. Whoops, did I just go again the
dogma of the Windows generation? Yes, I did. To run two tasks at the same
time requires two processors. That's what the 'duo' core is suppose to have.

So, if you can't do true multitasking with a new computer, why buy it? The
reason for the dual core processor is to do true multitasking.

2. Memory. If all you do is writing & web browsing, and if a computer of 5
years ago would do the job then with 128K, why does the same word processor
need more memory now? 1Gb is cheap, but probably not necessary.

I run Word & Excel on several machines with memory sizes from 64M to 256 M.
I don't see any speed differences. Possibly there are differences, but my
old eyes blink slower than these differences...I don't see them.

Save your $$

Jim U.

jim at nationalwireless.com