[Hidden-tech] Thanx... next question...

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Mon Jan 8 10:32:29 EST 2007

I had the exact same experience, except the rogue key was the Space bar.
Later, a hard disk crashed, but thankfully still in the period of the
extended warranty. New one arrived the next morning.
    Both of these incidents were with reconditioned laptops.

Perhaps 8-10 years ago, when Dell service enjoyed a higher reputation, I had
some sort of issue with my tower, and the on-site tech arrived as expected,
the next morning.

Finally, when replacing a hard drive on another Dell tower, their service
desk spent more than an hour with me, helping me install a hard drive,
re-set DIP switches, and do some other things, all at no cost.

Now, this may seem like a lot of service calls, but that's the extent of it.
I probably have more than 60 computer-years with Dell, given the three
desktop systems and three or four laptops that I've purchases since 1992.

People tend to bad-mouth Dell, but I have had great experience with their
support desk. Given that the hardware is a commodity, that's a major reason
I stick with them.

Ed