[Hidden-tech] Blogs vs. Newsletters

David Caputo david at positronicdesign.com
Wed Jan 3 20:12:06 EST 2007

Great discussion you've started, David.

I've just recently launched into the Blogosphere myself, and I would
recommend http://blogger.com as a good place to set up your own blog
with all the features.

I started my own political blog after the Democrats took back a majority
in Congress:

http://www.TotallyFixed.com

Which is an alias to:

http://TotallyFixed.blogspot.com

You can get your own blogspot name and account for free and it includes
all the RSS feed tools that you'd need.

I'm apparently doing well at it because I've just been hired by a local
alternative energy research and promotion company to be a professional
blogger for them. So now I'm going to be spending 5 hours a month
writing and gathering up links and those kinds of bloggy things. I'll do
an announcement on this list when the blog is officially launched. This
is the ultimate kind of Hidden Tech company, totally hidden in the woods
with the potential to revolutionize the world.

If you're looking to do a political blog and want it to get some
traffic, consider signing up with a web site like
http://www.OpEdNews.com - you can get a free account and blog as a sub
page on their web site.

I do this in conjunction with my "home" blog and cross post a lot of my
articles there.

http://www.opednews.com/author/author4114.html

Another good strategy is to troll the web for similar blogs, and post
friendly comments on them with a link back to your own blog.

Good luck on your blog adventure David, it's been a pretty good ride for
me, and I'm only two months into it.

Be well,

David Caputo
President