[Hidden-tech] Why the FORUMS? Because they are useful!

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Tue Feb 27 10:32:23 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I think there's a lot of misunderstanding about my posting re:
FORUMS. I'm not pushing use of the FORUMS for everyone, just alerting
folks of there usefulness -- particularly for clusters of folks who
want to communicate OFF LIST with each other. And, as I told people
at the opening program in September, this is the year I'm
experimenting with creating collaborative work teams from within the
HT network. No, I don't run HT anymore or serve on the board, but I
see ways of leveraging our talents and am pursuing experimenting with
ways that the network can help all of us survive and thrive professionally.

So, for example, when time allows my plans is to post information on
the FORUMS for the following clusters that I've created and suggest
(if anyone wants) you do the same for a cluster that interests YOU:

1) I've already created a cluster that relates to kids and
technology, which will meet again as soon as we find a location. Once
we sort that out I will post information on the FORUMS. Anyone in the
cluster can also post information, including tips, articles, etc . . .

2) Someday soon I will unveil a project that can involve many of you
professionally relating to tourism when I get a chance. I'm calling
it Traveler Co-op and there could be work for everyone from writers,
to database folks and Web designers, marketing/sales, etc . . . The
FORUMS are a perfect place to post information that we can share to
build this business.

3) And we have a project going to build a stupa (or shrine) that has
involved about 20 in the network already from photographers to
others. In the future, I will post detailed information on the FORUMS
for those interested.

I ask why bore everyone with the details of these ongoing projects?
As noted, I will post notices to the list here and there alerting
others to developments that might interest them, as the list is a
useful way of directing people to the FORUMS.

Once again, the point I was making was that we have an underutilized
resource that could be used by those who want to conduct ongoing
projects, discussions and collaborations. No one is forcing you to
use this tool, so why worry about my promoting it? If it helps some
of you, that's what counts.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder