[Hidden-tech] Contact management systems

Susanna Opper susanna at shawenon.com
Mon Feb 26 09:36:58 EST 2007

I need to update my contact management system when I get my new computer
(soon).  I use Outlook for e-mail and a wonderful 1993 (that's NOT a typo)
program (Instant Recall-IR) that still runs under XP even though it's DOS.
But it's time to move into this century.

I am eager to hear from users and tech experts on this one.

I need

*	Basic contact information connected to "to do's" and contact
records, all of which is easily searchable
*	It might be nice to have emails all connected to individual
contacts, but this isn't a requirement, but using one system instead of two
is highly desirable
*	It would be nice to be able to click on a contact and bring up an
email form
*	I have a CardScan and need to be able to enter data in the new
system using it

Transferring data from IR to the new system has all the markings of a
potential nightmare.  If IR will run on Vista (an unknown at this point), I
might just transfer records from IR on an as-needed basis.  (Much of the
data is important for historical purposes, but not relevant any more.)  But
if it won't run under Vista, I'm not sure what I will do.

So your thoughts please.  Especially names of contact management systems you
know and love.

Thanks,

--Susanna

Susanna Opper

Shawenon Communications

Our distinction is communicating your distinction

413-528-6494

susanna at shawenon.com

www.shawenon.com