[Hidden-tech] Joining Google AdWords & Analytics

Tish Grier tishgrier at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 09:38:41 EST 2007

An active blog--entries posted on a regular basis with content and headlines containing keywords--works very well for getting you up in the search engines.  It has the added effect--depending on the keywords--of putting your blog in "Google Alerts" which also help drive traffic.

  There is, however, no guarantee that Google's algorithm won't arbitrarily bump you from search (blog or website)  From what I understand, Google's going thru some hiccups right now, so people are being de-indexed.  But being de-indexed is not the same as being banned.  If your blog's been around for more than a year, you may be de-indexed in the current index, but entries from the past, that contain keywords, will still show up, and you'll still get traffic on old entries.

  Tish G.
  blogging at The Constant Observer

Kurt Kolok <kurt at kolokgallery.com> wrote:

  We're currently focusing on adding/improving our reciprocal links and developing an active blog, which both seem to help increase/improve your Google ranking when people type in those keywords anyway.  It's not quite the same as an ad in the margin, but it also costs nothing

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.