[Hidden-tech] Mac Book Pro Heat Question

Ron Miller ronsmiller at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 15:21:00 EST 2007

Hi:
I purchased an MBP a couple of months ago and it has operated
flawlessly. I usually use it in my lap with a laptop pad underneath.

Today, while using it, the fan came on, something that has never
happened. When I touched the bottom of the machine, it was pretty darn
hot. I shut it off for a half hour and turned it on and resumed work and
after  a while the fan came on again.

I called Apple Care and was told it gets hot and I shouldn't use it on
my lap (an odd bit advice considering it's a laptop).

My question is has anyone experienced this heat issue. Is it something
that would eventually require a repair or is it just a quirk of the machine?

Thanks,
Ron