[Hidden-tech] Rudy on Rails

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Mon Feb 12 17:40:15 EST 2007

There is a major cost in moving to a new language -- and as Fred says,
ROR is a combination of language and framework, the real power
comes from what the framework provides -- the ROR team as done a great
job, it is a shame they are tied to the Ruby language - why ?
I won't get into language debates - for this discussion, all that counts
is that it is not commonly known and whole new world
for too many.

As for PHP, there are a number of frameworks:
    The two top ones (IMHO) are:
               Symfony    http://www.symfony-project.com/
 and       Cake           http://www.cakephp.org/

We did some work on a web interface to make Symfony even easier
it is at: http://conductor.tnrnet.com/
       (the release set there is a bit messy, there was a crack in
server with the wiki and we didn't reconstruct it all)

If anyone would like to discuss symfony more, email me offline

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/