[Hidden-tech] Time for New Media companies to come out

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Wed Feb 7 10:35:10 EST 2007

Hi all,

Just noticed Carlyn Saltman's announcement of a meeting to discuss
options for the Academy of Music. I can't attend, personally, as I
will be out of the country if the weather allows.

But, as you know, Hidden-Tech has spearheaded efforts to promote new
media companies throughout the Rt. 91 Knowledge Corridor. From
animators to documentary, sound experts to screenwriters and feature
film for TV and Hollywood, we've got it here. The Academy has been
weak on promoting regional film makers of any kind and stripe.

I've never seen the place more packed than a year ago or so when they
ran the documentary on the north county commune, the title of which
has escaped me. There were opportunities for lectures, pot luck
dinners on stage and any number of connecting events that would have
filled the Northampton Center for the Arts next door and spilled into
bookstores and galleries if there had been coordination between the
Academy and the Northampton Chamber. Restaurants could have featured
hippie food. Alas, a great opportunity was lost for lack of
coordination and imagination.

But that doesn't have to be in the future. Hidden-Tech's newest board
member -- Rick Feldman -- happens to be president of the Northampton
Chamber AND treasurer of the Northampton Center for the Arts, or he
was last fall. He ran for mayor and has many, many contacts. I'm sure
Rick will be delighted to work with you to promote your work and
economic development, following the examples of the new media program
I designed while on the board such as Valleywood (Nancy Fletcher's
name, by the way) and last October's New Media program held in Amherst.

Hey, working together as a team I'm sure we at Hidden-Tech can take
those fledgling efforts and bring them to greater heights that could
really assist the regional economy. So make sure you get out and be
heard for me. Wish I could be there, but I have a child to care for
and it's vacation week. Plus, I'm working hard to build market
opportunities for new media companies nationally and globally.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder