[Hidden-tech] web database consultant needed

Chris Duncan, GISmatters duncan at GISmatters.com
Thu Feb 1 14:20:10 EST 2007

Most of my work involves GIS (mapping, location analysis, data
visualization), desktop database (mostly MS Access), and small to moderate
programming projects (e.g., customizing Excel in VB).

I have a client whose client would like to deploy a small web-based
database system, and based on other work I've done for him, he has
recommended me for the job.  I don't have many details yet, but because I
have little experience with web-based databases beyond some personal
experiments, I anticipate needing one or more of the following types of
(paid) assistance:

* someone to collaborate with me
* someone to act as coach/backup/consultant for me
* someone to work with me at the beginning to get the ball rolling
* someone to help me estimate reasonable amounts to charge for the work

While I am not interested in becoming a web database developer/consultant,
I would like to have some basic competence and experience with it because
sometimes my work interfaces with such systems and I can better serve my
clients if I have some working knowledge of them.  This project is a good
opportunity for me to get that knowledge, but I would like to have someone
else on hand in some capacity to help me come up to speed and make sure it
gets done right.

Please write or call me directly if you are interested in exploring ways
you could assist me on this project and in my aim to learn the basics of
web-based databases.  There's likely to be a meeting about the project next
week so replying sooner than later would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

--
NOTE NEW STREET ADDRESS AS OF 1-DEC-2006
--

Chris Duncan, Ph.D.
President

duncan at GISmatters.com