[Hidden-tech] Seeking a helpdesk/trouble ticket system

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Dec 20 17:02:20 EST 2007

At Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:42:09 -0500 Shel Horowitz <shel at frugalfun.com> wrote:

>    ** The author of this post was a Good Dobee.
>    ** You too can help the group
>    ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> Anyone have any recommendations for a system that allows
> - multiple email addresses filter into the system
> - ability to categorize and prioritize incoming mail
> -storage of template responses so that I can upload them/edit them
> and my assistant can quickly send them out as appropriate and save
> you time
> - easy archival of mail and searchable archives (just in case you
> need to find something later)
> - download of mail if desired, individually or in groups
>
> Of course, I'm looking for no-cost or very low-cost. But I've got to
> do something, as I'm just drowning  in email.

"RT" from Best Practical Solutions, LLC. --
http://www.bestpractical.com/?rt=3.4.2

You'll need a Linux/UNIX server with Perl, a RDMBS (MySQL or
PostgreSQL), and Apache installed and running.

Cost: $0,00, unless you need hand-holding...

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration