[Hidden-tech] sales job opportunity

Sheldon Snodgrass sheldon at steadysales.com
Wed Aug 29 10:46:25 EDT 2007

Greetings Hidden Tech Community,

An excellent, past client of mine has an opening for a sales position.  This
is a solid  company with an excellent management team.  The job description
follows.  Please direct your inquiries to Eileen Hurley, as I know nothing
else about the position.  Her email: ehurley at h-corp.net  Her phone:
413-589-9393 x105

Happy summer!
Sheldon Snodgrass
www.steadysales.com

Job Title:	Sales Representative - New Sales
Reports To	Catalog Sales & Marketing Director

Review Schedule:  90 Days (Completion of Probationary Period)
		  Annually - December

H-Corporation is a manufacturer of costumes and bodywear for the dance
industry.  This position requires strong phone skills and phone selling to a
qualified prospect base (dance teachers and studio owners), focusing on
qualified prospects that currently have no buying history with our company.
Your new sales will become your base customers for future sales.
Compensation is based upon a draw against commissions and quarterly bonuses
based on meeting and exceeding realistic sales goals.   The height of our
selling season begins in October.

PRIMARY DUTIES:
. Conduct outgoing sales calls and email correspondence to potential
customers
. Grow sales by developing ideas and creating new prospect base
. Retain customer business and satisfaction by building sales relationships
within stated territory and existing accounts
. Advancing prospects through the sales cycle with the ultimate goal of
converting prospects into customers
. Identifying leads and uncovering new opportunities
. Build customer relationships by responding to inquiries regarding product
selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations and
literature requests
. Meet and exceed assigned monthly sales goals
. Upsell existing orders
. Convert prospects into customers
. Proactively call on customers to inform them of new products and
promotions via telephone and email
. Meet monthly benchmarks and goals as assigned

SECONDARY DUTIES:
. Share incoming call responsibility with other Account Representatives
. Maintain catalog policy and initiate policy changes for specific customer
situations under the guidelines prescribed by the Catalog & Marketing
Manager
. Documenting prospect data into our computer database
. Troll incoming magazines, websites, trade publications for potential
customers
. Attend trade shows, model shoots and special events as needed
. Coordinate in-house selling opportunities
. Establish and maintain good customer relations, with both internal and
external customers
. All other duties as assigned

REQUIREMENTS:
. Sales experience
. Able to build relationships with customers via phone
. Good organizational and analytical skills
. Work and play well with others within Sales and other departments
. Computer literate
. Excellent telephone personality and communication skills
. Solution oriented, positive demeanor
. Territory may require occasional after-hour work to accommodate for West
Coast time zone
. Occasional after-hours, weekend work and/or travel may be required during
catalog development and trade show season
. Dance experience may be helpful.

J. Sheldon Snodgrass, MBA
The Steady Sales Group
89 South Street