[Hidden-tech] Video Monitors as Art Frames, part 2

Mitch Anthony mitch at element22.com
Tue Apr 3 22:40:18 EDT 2007

Several weeks ago I posted a request for references for 'State of the
Art Animators'.  As usually happens with this group, I received
numerous qualified leads.  And as often happens in commerce, the
client did not really have the 'appetite' for original animation.

Which means that the Jumbotron above Fenway and many beautiful black
Panasonic flat screen monitors hung at gallery height are still black.

Refresh: this is about a client's high-end reception during the Bio
trade show and conference in Boston the first week of May.  The
reception is in a large sky box above Fenway Park.  (The team is out
of town that night.  Guests just look down at home plate and up at
the Jumbotron.)

As original work seems to be too rich, I'm wondering if there are
artists who have work that might be done already?  Ready to hang in
video format?

Who is using monitors as frames for art? Liquid color fields?
Abstract shape studies?  Or?

Or?