[Hidden-tech] MAC Questions about switch to OS X from OS 9

Everything Computers mrcomputertutor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:46:48 EDT 2007

A friend sent me the following and since I am more conversant with the PC I
defer to the list for suggestions:

The EMac Issues. WE are stuck in a no-man's land
between operating systems. We constantly have to switch
back and forth between operating systems 9 and 10 - only 9
can get us onto the internet, but we need 10 to use the
jazzy new printer we got. But we still can't use the new
printer because it insists we need a password that we don't
know. Also, how can I bring everything from 9 with me to 10
(and vice versa)?  Also, every now and then, for no
apparent reason when I am working on a document, a ghost
just seems to take over and either deletes (as in one
letter at a time) or adds spaces (almost as if some unseen
force has its finger pressed down on either the space bar
or the delete key and there is no way to stop it. I simply
exit the document as quickly as I can and hope not to lose
too much.

1.      can connect to internet in OS 9 but not 10

   1. can't use printer with 9 (too new) can with 10 but it asks for a
   password we never entered
   2. move stuff from 9 to 10 and get rid of 9
   3. exorcize the demon taking over machine

Any thoughts would be helpful. thanks,
Brendan