[Hidden-tech] Access to entrepreneurially-minded faculty and students

Humera Fasihuddin humera at humera.com
Fri Sep 22 11:07:16 EDT 2006

Dear Hidden-Techies,

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned my involvement with a national
non-profit that happens to be headquartered in Hadley.  The organization is
called the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance (NCIIA) and
for them I manage a nationwide series of workshops called "Invention to
Venture", http://www.invention2venture.org ... a workshop where technology
entrepreneurs teach students and faculty how to commercialize their lab
inventions.

We've held over fifty around the country since 2003, but on September 30th
we're holding one right here in Amherst, MA
http://www.invention2venture.org/events/UMassA/index.html .  As
Hidden-Techies, you're probably already familiar with how to start a
technology venture, but this is a great place to meet other tech
entrepreneurs, investors and scientists/engineers who are seeking partners.
Alternatively, if you know someone (within academia or not) that needs a
crash course in tech startups, here's a great opportunity to get it.

If you are interested in attending as my guest, please email me as I have a
limited number of "comps".  Details are below.

Best,
Humera.

PS. Last time I emailed, I got a lot of heat for mentioning my daughter's
birth but not including her name or picture.  So, here is Aliya (5 months)
and Noah (4 years) http://www.humera.com/kids.htm.