[Hidden-tech] TIFF -> DVD

David Olsson davidolsson at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 18:35:36 EDT 2006

Oh help, as Pooh would say.  I have 500 images, each 1024x768 in TIFF files.  I'd like to create a looping video of the images at 25-30 frames per second, on DVD.  I have no trouble animating the images on the computer but I'm having a lot of trouble making a DVD.

I've used ImageMagick's convert tool, mplex, dvdauthor, ppm2yuv yuvscaler, mpeg2enc, and so on.  Everything looks good until I burn the DVD.  Playing the DVD, I get jerky, overlaid movement with the images taking up 1/2 the screen, against the upper left corner, and lots of pretty colored vertical and horizontal lines.

Any recommendations on techniques, tools, or someone to help me through this?

Thanks much!
David Olsson, Easthampton