[Hidden-tech] Internet Access in the sticks?

Mary Malmros malmros at verizon.net
Mon Sep 18 08:08:00 EDT 2006

Jonathan Dill wrote:
>   ** Be a Good Dobee and help the group, you must be counted to post .
>   ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>

> Unfortunately, I think the bottom line is probably going to be that
> anything other than dialup is probably going to be expensive at least
> about $100 / month.

Not in Charlemont.  About six years ago, a bunch of local types lobbied
an ISP and got enough of us to sign up that we've now got DSL in the
village.  Our rates were high initially, but now we've got the standard
verizon rate.

If you live in the sticks, you'll wait a long time if you wait for it to
come to you.

Mary Malmros						malmros at verizon.net
      Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.