[Hidden-tech] Boy, Hidden-Techies are creative!

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Wed Oct 25 20:38:01 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

If you read anything about economic development, you can't help have
tripped over Richard Florida's "RISE OF THE CREATIVE CLASS."
Florida's writings have spawned lots of creative activities in towns
all over the country. Amherst is no exception, and it's not
surprising to find Hidden-Techies part of creative activities. From
time to time, when I hear of how we are part of Florida's "creative
class," I'll pass on a notice.

So a head's up that one of our very first Hidden-Techies, Alan
Hurwitz, will have some of his photos on display next Thursday
evening during the Amherst ArtWalk. His photos will be up at the new
Chamber offices on Amity Street in the new Amherst Cinema complex,
which is worth seeing as it evolves. So are Alan's photos, many taken
on travels worldwide as part of his work as an organizational diagnosis expert.

I also understand that Carlyn Saltman is in France (or was) to
present one of her films at a French film festival. Carlyn presented
on Oct. 3 at the New Media program.

So if you have these sorts of accomplishments, don't hesitate to post
them to the list and our FORUMS. And mark them CREATIVE. You'll find
that this is a big buzz word (for better or worse) and you may get
some attention from those checking for that label.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder, Clerk