[Hidden-tech] Dominion for home electric service?

Garth Shaneyfelt gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 15:50:32 EDT 2006

>This time to the list:
>
>I just found out you're right. WMECO refuses to participate in the
>"on bill" program I found. HOWEVER you can still do the
><http://www.newenglandwind.org/wind/home.php>New England Wind which
>is a separate thing off the bill. According to a rep there I just
>spoke with it's exactly the same thing as the on bill option. You
>pick an amount that you want to spend extra each month, it's 100%
>tax deductible and the money is put right back into local Renewable
>Energy energy sources (I can vouch for this). But for more info
>contact them. Mass Electric custs do have the
><http://massenergy.com/Green.GS.html>newengland greenstart option
>(same thing just not wind centric).

Indeed!  New England Wind is a great program.  As an additional
incentive, you can get energy grants for your town by signing
up.  MTC (http://www.cleanenergychoice.org/option2.htm) will match
residential donations/green energy credits with an account for the
town (for clean energy projects) PLUS they match the grant for
low-income renewable energy projects.  PLUS if 3% of your town
households sign up, MTC gives an ADDITIONAL $50/member bonus to the
grant fund.  Amherst, for instance, already has 194 signup, they need
275 households to contribute and then they get $27500 for renewable
initiatives.   Up in Greenfield, we have only 2 sign-ups....236 to go!!
The Greenfield Energy Committee is starting a push for Clean Energy
Month (i.e. now)

-Garth