[Hidden-tech] Comcast v. Verizon

Ron Miller ronsmiller at comcast.net
Tue Oct 10 12:16:14 EDT 2006

You've probably been over this before, but I'm considering switching
from Comcast Cable to Verizon DSL for my ISP.

I've been having issues with my Comcast Cable (strange, intermittent
issues where certain web sites I visit all the time suddenly don't
display) and I received an offer from Verizon. For $29.99 per month, I
get their highest speed package and they will provide the modem and
software (and no installation visit is required).

In addition, they will give me a $15.00 break on my bill for the first 6
months, meaning I get it for $15.00 a month for 6 months. I'm paying $45
  per month now for Comcast Cable.

I'm wondering if anyone has had both and been able to compare. If not, I
typically get download speeds of around 600-700 kbs when the system is
running at top speed and I'm wondering how this compares with the
Verizon experience.

Thanks,
Ron