[Hidden-tech] Comcast problems?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Tue Oct 3 22:26:04 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 11:59:08AM -0400, Tom/Reelife Productions wrote:

> now that you mention it...there have been some strange things
> happening with comcast... I have had a couple people tell me
> that their messages have recently bounced back to them ..
> however, I didn't receive any message telling me that their
> message had bounced...very frustrating indeed.

This is typical.

That is, if Comcast blocks someone's email from getting to you,
you don't get notified by Comcast.  The only way you find out is
if someone contacts you by phone or in person.

Just like everyone, big companies are struggling to deal with
spam.

In the past month, we have seen mailservers at Google, Sprint and
Blackberry get blacklisted because someone was abusing their
server to send spam.

Just shows you how hard the problem is, both outgoing and
incoming.

It's somewhat surprising, but the AOL is postmaster is really
good compared to the dweebs at Comcast (or Verizon).   As Will
suggested, you are better off using an email address at Google or
some vanity domain of your choosing than one at Comcast or
Verizon.