[Hidden-tech] Hosting question - Splitting "a" record from "mx" record

Dan Mishkind dan at puredesignco.com
Tue Nov 28 14:28:26 EST 2006

Hi All,

We are moving our web site to a VPN, hosted by our web developer. They will
not be hosting our email, so they are recommending splitting off the
records -- having the DNS pointing the "a" record to our VPN host for the
web site, and having the "mx" record point to another web host for our
email.

Given that, does anyone have a recommendation of a great hosting service
just for email? They would need to have a very robust and easy to use spam
filtering function (with a web-based interface). We've had a lot of trouble
with email with past hosting companies in that often email servers would go
down.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan Mishkind
Principal