[Hidden-tech] Windows on a Mac

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Fri Nov 10 14:34:38 EST 2006

I am seeking advice from anyone on our list who has used Apple¹s Boot Camp
or Parallels Desktop to run Windows on their Mac. I would like to know if
you recommend one over the other and why. I just ordered a new MacBook Pro
and would like to install Boot Camp or Parallels as soon as it arrives (I
know I will have to buy Windows, too).

My primary interest in having Windows is to view Web pages in IE that I have
created on my Mac. Since Parallels desktop can run simultaneously with Mac
OS X, it would seem to be the more convenient solution. However, I
interested in finding out if one works better than the other. After many
years of running Soft PC and Virtual PC, I am pleased to be able to run
Windows at a reasonable speed.

Also, I will want to protect my Windows OS from the many maladies that one
can download. What sort of protective software would be advisable? Please
note that I have no plans to use Microsoft Office for Windows or receive
email in Windows.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.

Valley Mindfulness
Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

A Taste of Mindfulness:
* Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 6:00­8:00 pm
* Sunday, December 10, 2006, 10:00 am­12:00 pm

Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction:
* January 23­March 13, 2007 (Tuesday evenings)