[Hidden-tech] Software Documentation / Tech Writer / some testing

Jeremy Dunn jjdunn at localnet.com
Wed May 31 08:01:21 EDT 2006

Greetings Hidden-Tech members,

We have a potential need for a software documentation writer during June & July, possibly extending into August.  The work would involve learning certain aspects of business application software and writing step-by-step training/testing documentation using an existing format/template.  Also, editing such documents produced by other, non-technical users.  And since the software is still under development, work may involve documenting issues and problems for referral to the development team.  Work would primarily be performed on-site at our client's location in central Berkshire County; there is some possibility of off-site work but this is not preferred.

Skills we're seeking include experience writing user-focused technical documents, detail-orientation, analytical ability, quick learner, independence and self-motivation, and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment. This would be a 1099 contract.  Contractor would be expected to have a laptop with a recent version of MS Word, and be willing to have the application software client installed on their machine.

Interested parties please forward a brief bio / summary of experience, and rates to me off-list.

Please feel free to forward this message as appropriate.

Thanks!

- Jeremy Dunn
project director