[Hidden-tech] Requested Assistance

Alan Hurwitz ahalink at comcast.net
Thu May 4 14:21:44 EDT 2006

Folks,
I have a perhaps unusual request, at least one I haven't scene before
here. I've been trying desperately to organize my office, home, and
life, and one of the issues in the way is a box of tech things and
parts of things that came with various equipment of one kind or
another. Much of this collection seems too interesting and potentially
useful to just dispose of. Some of it may have value, to me or others.
I'm sure that some has passed its prime. I have no idea what some of
the pieces actually are.

I would like someone who is likely to know about such material to spend
an hour with me going through this treasure chest, to help me discern
what is there, and help me figure out its most reasonable disposition -
perhaps selling it in some cases, I suspect donating or recycling it in
most. I imagine the person who helps with this may well walk away
him/herself with a couple of pieces of booty.

Someone doing this as a favor would be great. I would also certainly
consider paying someone for this help. Or perhaps we could trade it for
some help from me with thinking out some business or life issues. I do
executive coaching as a part of my regular work.

Please let me know if you might be interested in helping me out. I live
in South Amherst. It would probably make sense to do this at my home,
since a couple of the things are large, but most are transportable, if
geography is a problem. I look forward to hearing from some willing and
able colleagues. Thanks!

Alan