[Hidden-tech] Java on cell phone?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Wed Mar 29 12:32:52 EST 2006

Does anybody have experience downloading then running Java apps on their
cell phone?

I am going to be upgrading my cell phone and if Java SSH client works as
advertised, it will drive what phone I get.

The Free Software app I'm looking at is 256Kb in size.

Are there issues with run-time libs not being available on the cell
phone JRE's?

Thanks,

PS  For all you OpenSSH users out there, OpenBSD (the maintainer) is
    having a funds drive now. They lost their DARPA contract soon after
    the project leader publically made negative comments about the war
    in Iraq. Their target is large companies that integrate SSH into
    their products, but smaller users can help too. Can you imagine life
    without OpenSSH?

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=114316163313701&w=2

    http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/OpenBSD_needs_a_major_donor

    http://www.openbsd.org/orders.html