[Hidden-tech] summer stuff for kids

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Sun Mar 19 18:28:33 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm both seeking things for my daughter to do this summer and offering some
suggestions for newcomers as this can be a tough place for kids when they
get to be heading into junior high and don't want to go to overnight camp.
They're too young for most jobs and some of the programming feels babyish.

ON THE SEEKING SIDE: I'm seeking babysitting/mother helper work, dog
walking or just backup easy office work (filing, etc . . .) for a very
competent 12-year-old. My range for driving her is Amherst, Hadley,
Shutesbury, Sunderland or Belchertown.

Other programming suggestions are welcome on the artsy side, or work.
(She's already done The Common School Camp, Multi-Arts, Amherst Leisure,
Girl Scouts and doesn't want to go back to those this year, though they
were all great in their time.) And she's doing Deerfield's arts camp, which
is supposed to be the best, but that's only three weeks.

SUGGESTIONS:

Mary Bull runs a fabulous Dance Project -- the only way to take dance
during the day time during the summer. There are some openings from July 10
- 21 for kids age 12 - 18-year-olds. As noted, this is a tough age for
programming around the Valley. You can find her listed in the Amherst phone
book.

East Street Ballet holds evening classes at their Hadley studio

Nancy Fletcher often runs one-week video workshops for girls. She's in
Belchertown on Federal Street and is listed in the book.

There's a great writing workshop based in Hatfield with Annie Tuzman on
Depot Road.

Love to hear from others about what you know . . .

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech founder, co-chair