[Hidden-tech] Anyone in the area have equipment for measuring PC noise levels?

Michael McIntosh michael at esperdyne.com
Fri Mar 17 12:06:55 EST 2006

> Anyway to switch to Mac? Since we have switched all of our PCs to  Macs
> the home and office is much, much quieter.

You know, I really like Macs and being platform and language agnostic,
I'd normally have no problems switching. :) However, I have made a
considerable investment over the years in development, multimedia and
entertainment software for Windows. I am also still a pretty avid gamer,
and many titles available for PC are not available for Mac OS.

My dream computer would be something like the new intel Macs that would
support dual booting between Mac OS and Windows and be whisper quiet.
But, we're a little ways away from that despite the fact that someone
finally figured out how to boot Windows XP on one of the intel Macs. I
actually own a older iMac (Ruby) that runs perfectly silently but the
display is small and fuzzy. (its also about 7 years old by this point) I
have been pining for one of the tiny silver Macs, but I'd have a rough
time justifying the switch in platforms right now. Perhaps later. :)

> I have not checked this link out but it looks like it may contain  some
> good resources for you. http://www.canopus22.demon.co.uk/links/
> pc.htm#silence

Thanks for the links! I'll check them out! =)

-Michael