[Hidden-tech] Anyone in the area have equipment for measuring PC noise levels?

Michael McIntosh michael at esperdyne.com
Fri Mar 17 11:42:33 EST 2006

> Michael:  Had you thought of using your laptop as a "brick" when home,
> with an external keyboard and monitor, and the laptop in a "soundproof
> box"?

Thanks! :) I have thought of that, but if I put the laptop inside a
"soundproof box" I am concerned it would overheat and die since I think
the load fan issues also stem from heat issues. Also, that would require
purchase of a separate monitor. The laptop is a great work computer and
I bought it primarily for the really nice display, but the on-board 3D
card that it ships with is pretty weak. I had planned to upgrade my
equipment within the next year or so anyways. I still plan to use the
laptop when traveling or working outside of my home, for limited
engagements the noise isn't too bad, but for 8 or 12 hour days, its
pretty brutal. :)

-Michael