[Hidden-tech] Billable hours question

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Wed Mar 8 22:07:29 EST 2006

I'd pretty much agree with Anne and Rich. My statement of terms now
notes that e-mail and phone time are billable, and that I will
continue to revise until the client is satisfied, but the clock is
running. Likewise, I charge for all time except billing issues and
personal friendship time. I also usually get a credit card number and
exp. date.

Once in a while i will eat a revision if it's my fault, like when I
had a dyslexic fit, read a chart to mean the opposite of what it
said, and wrote a press release using that as the hook. That was
totally my fault ad I cheerfully did the make-good plus an extra, for
free.

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://principledprofit.blogspot.com/