[Hidden-tech] Env/Tech: Water As Fuel

Jim Ussailis ussailis at equinox.shaysnet.com
Tue Jun 13 21:45:02 EDT 2006

The unfortunate part is that by burning the stuff you get back
water...H2O. Now if that is true, then you would be getting more energy
out than energy put in.

The problem is that if it takes X energy to split water into H and O,
then, by that old rule, "Conservation of Energy" we get back X energy
when we burn it...that is combine the H and O to make water. But we also
loose in the process, that's where the second law of thermodynamics comes in.

It costs energy to change the form of energy. Always.

There is really "higher" and "lower" "qualities" of energy.
Electricity is a very high quality energy. That's the reason elecric
power plants are so inefficient (about 35%).

The Finns ulitize a low quality energy, because the price
is right, to make electricity.

The Icelanders also use geothermal energy. Both cold and hot water is
shipped down the street. The hot water heats homes and provides domestic
hot water. They do this because it is cheap.

So if these folks can get more energy out than they put in, they better
get their formal clothes ready and be wating for that call from the guy with
the "heavy Swedish accent."

Jim Ussailis

jim at nationalwireless.com