[Hidden-tech] Seeking a skilled person to finish my web site.

Philip Garrow pgarrow at shaysnet.com
Sat Jul 8 22:42:48 EDT 2006

Hi All:

For the last two years I have been working with a local web site development
company to build an e-commerce web site.  During this time they have delayed
the process several times, stopping for between one and four months at a
time, for various reasons.

Most recently, their lead developer was hired away by another local web site
development company and their remaining staff is unable to complete the
project.

What has been completed is the graphical front end.

What had almost been completed was the database and e-commerce backend...
and then someone at their company checked to see if their ISP would allow
them to host an adult web site, and it was found that they couldn't.

Moving the site broke almost everything.  As it was explained to me, the
company I was working with uses a common source libraries for all of the web
sites that they build and host.  And when my site was moved, even though all
of the source libraries were supplied, many of the links to this source
libraries became broken.  Some of this has been fixed to allow the
demonstration of the site, but most of the back end features do not work.

What I need is someone who is very good at reading other people's code,
figuring out what they meant it to do, and fixing what isn't working.  As I
understand it, another alternative is to start from scratch and write a
complete new back end.  One price I got for a complete rebuild simply cost
more than I can afford.  I feel that it may be easier and cheaper to just
fix what is broken and finish up the last five percent of what needed to be
done to finish the site, however, not being a developer I do not know this
for certain.

The site is written to run on an Linux server, running Apache, PHP, and
MySQL.

Please do contact me if you are highly qualified and you want to take on
this project.

                         Thank you in advance for your consideration.

                                            Phil Garrow

Philip Garrow
PC Computer Support
Mechanical Design