[Hidden-tech] Whitelist Stays: AOL’s Goodmail Dance

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Fri Feb 24 17:03:35 EST 2006

Hello all,

This story turns out to be a lot more complicated than it seemed in the
surface, but it looks like AOL won't be making any changes after all.
Maybe it was just a "litmus test" on AOL's part to see how people would
react. Maybe it was a smear campaign launched by Goodmail's competitors.
Probably, we will never know for sure.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20060208WhitelistStaysAOLsGoodmailDance.html

I wish I had something more authoritative, directly from AOL, but pretty
much all I can find is the *absence* of any press release on AOL about it.

http://media.aoltimewarner.com/media/cb_press.cfm

Jonathan